Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib assembly labels naming?

Hi,

On sunnuntai 07 huhtikuu 2013, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> writes:
> > If my program would also have local symbol named "exit", would it
> > depend in which order I had linked the object files and libraries on
> > what symbol Gdb matches?
>
> If a name is ambigous you can disambiguate it by qualifying it with the
> source file name.

Yes, I but first one needs to know that given symbol needs to be
disambiguated for Gdb, as Gdb itself doesn't give any indication about that.

I guess this Gdb misfeature is due to (libbfd?) symbol lookup performance
optimizations...

(I do same in Hatari debugger's symbol lookup, it just returns the first
match.  However, when debugger loads the symbols, it warns about duplicate
names & addresses, just for this reason.)

	- Eero