[MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18.0 and monitor detection

Bonsoir,

Test with this new MiNT with my Sony SDM-HX95 (19', 4:3, 1280*1024 max but it can scale wider rezolutions): it runs perfectly and I can set screen modes.

Same new MiNT, nothing changed in personnal mint setup, with my current HP 2211x (22', 16:9, 1920*1080, but with the polarity bug of the FireBee, the most I can set is 1400*1050) : as already said, new MiNT can set/test screen modes. All I can have under XaAES is the boot screen rezolution (640*480*TC16).

I made a test : set 1366*768 with new MiNT and Sony, no reboot, swap monitor, so same session of new MiNT and now the HP: the HP display this screen mode.

So it's coming from monitor detection in MiNT? I can set 1366*768 (and some others, but not all due to FireBee video polarity bug) with the old MiNT, but nothing with the new MiNT.

I guess my case is rare, and I can still use the old MiNT. But one should be carefull with 16:9 monitors. I guess it's OK with 4:3 monitors.

Cheers,

Pierre