[MiNT] Running a barebones FreeMiNT kernel with Hatari in 000 mode

Hello all,

my base for the experiment is the binary FreeMiNT release:
http://www.fairlite.co.uk/FreeMiNT/builds/freemint/freemint-1.18-12102013.tar.bz2

I created a small .ST disk image with the following contents:

|-- auto
|   `-- mint000.prg
|-- filetree.txt
`-- mint
    `-- 1-18-1
        |-- flop_raw.xdd
        |-- keyboard.tbl
        |-- lp.xdd
        |-- mfp.xdd
        |-- mint.cnf
        `-- xconout2.xdd

The mint.cnf contains a single "GEM=ROM" line, the rest is commented
out. (XaAES is not of my concern on a 000 target)

I booted the disk in a recent Hatari build with a 4MB STE config and TOS
1.62 as the initial bootloader.

I get the 000 kernel messages, it complains a bit of "unchecked dosfs"
which is pretty naff for a system running from floppy but otherwise
boots to the normal green desktop.

I see MiNT has taken control because the Hatari C: GEMDOS drive is not
accessible (testcase #1)

Mouse is working and I can switch to medium resolution. What is not
working is the keyboard. I used the german.tbl as the keyboard.tbl file
from the binary lot.

I run ancient 1987 vintage copy of TEMPUS which works (probably due to
ROM GEM) but without keyboard. There is no keyclick, the mouse pointer
is working.

Before I suspect a Hatari problem, is there something else needed to be
setup for the keyboard with FreeMiNT? Sofar I always expected the
underlying TOS settings to be active...

(Long term goal would be a FreeMiNT bootdisk with bare Mintnet and
Ethernec/Netusbee support running on 4MB ST(e))

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt@asmsoftware.de>