Re: [MiNT] Compiling a FreeMiNT kernel

On 12/10/2013 11:04, Matthias Arndt wrote:
Now I just wonder why the compiled kernel .prgs are in hidden
directories while all drivers are directly insitu with their sources?

There are 2 different approaches:

1) The kernel: the same sources are built multiple times to produce different kernel variants. This is why the binaries are generated in subdirectories, which, surprisingly, are hidden (starts with a dot).

2) The tools and kernel modules: they are built just once for 68000, so multiple subdirectories are not required.

The FreeMiNT source tree has become quite a mess.

A long lasting project is to rework the makefiles and build process, to enable building everything for a specific CPU and/or machine.

As a result, currently I need to use a custom build script to compile everything optimized for ColdFire:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/freemint/freemint-1.18.0-bin-firebee.sh

--
Vincent Rivière