Re: [MiNT] wchar.h trouble with Groff and Gnulib

On 11/19/13 17:23, Vincent Rivière wrote:
On 19/11/2013 09:30, Alan Hourihane wrote:
That's an oversight. I've removed it.

On the other side, glibc is the de facto standard. I see the following in /usr/include/wchar.h in my Linux:

/* The X/Open standard demands that most of the functions defined in
   the <wctype.h> header must also appear here.  This is probably
   because some X/Open members wrote their implementation before the
   ISO C standard was published and introduced the better solution.
   We have to provide these definitions for compliance reasons but we
   do this nonsense only if really necessary.  */
#if defined __USE_UNIX98 && !defined __USE_GNU
# define __need_iswxxx
# include <wctype.h>
#endif

In newer glibc versions, that paragraph is still present but it moved to wcsmbs/wchar.h:
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=wcsmbs/wchar.h;hb=HEAD

Another example, on Newlib (used by Cygwin), wchar.h does not include wctype.h at all : https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/include/wchar.h?rev=1.31&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

I'm not sure of how that stuff translates to the MiNT world...

I'm going to leave it out. It's in musl, where this came from, and in all the packages I've compiled with Gentoo, it hasn't been needed.

But it was my fault, as I'd removed this some time ago on my Gentoo/Falcon machine but neglected to CVS commit it :-(

Alan.