Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

On 11/19/13 23:32, Vincent Rivière wrote:
On 20/11/2013 00:26, Vincent Rivière wrote:
1) 68000 libraries are in /usr/lib, while other variants are in
subdirectories. What about moving 68000 libraries in a subdir, too, and keep /usr/lib empty? That would be more logical, but certainly not very standard.

BTW, Debian/68k people (which are very active) consider that multilib is an abomination. They prefer to use different cross-compilers for different targets, such as m5475-atari-mint-gcc. So every cross-compiler has its own lib directory, there is no subdir inside the host /lib, and no risk to mix incompatible libraries.

I agree. We've been through this before.

The current GCC patch doesn't work on pure 68k because it tries to compile the m5475 libraries during multilib compilation and execute some tests with that code linked. They fail and crash, thus aborting GCC compilation.

I've had to remove multilib for m5475 when compiling on my Falcon. It just doesn't work. The only real solution is a cross-compiler for coldfire when on a 68k machine.

I guess it should work if compiling directly on the FireBee (or coldfire Atari's) to do the full multilibs though, but I haven't actually tried it yet. And I'm unlikely too once the FreeMiNT kernel build is fixed.

Alan.