Re: [MiNT] Packages upgraded

On 12/16/2013 02:41 PM, Peter Slegg wrote:
Do you mean the dependencies ?  I started looking through the rpms
today and there are quite a lot with none or few dependencies.

The packages fall into various groups - core, important tools,
development, non-essential, obsolete.

If the core and important packages could be re-built with the
latest tools that then would be a big step forward.

On a 68060 it could take week(s) but now that gcc can build for any
target it would be less painful on a Firebee.

I am not suggesting the RPMs be updated with new versions of the apps just
that the current ones are re-built, if they can be.

Regards,

Peter
Certain packages like RPM need a lot of work that may not be necessarily a good part of a rebuild effort. Right now my computers are put away for a move but at the end of the week hopefully I'll be able to get my firebee back out.

rpm fails to build with a modern gcc due to internal compiler error. It's a gcc bug but if I build with -O0 it works. We may have a few of these workarounds but it will still be faster than emulation probably. We'll get there. If anyone is working on this stuff, it's best to post progress to the mintlist and upload the packages to a public place.

It would be fanastic for my efforts if aranym could emulate the firebee.

Mark