[MiNT] 1024 file handles now supported !!

Hi everyone,

A Christmas present :-)

I've just committed fixes to FreeMiNT that we can now support arbitrary file handles. Currently limited to 1024.

Unfortunately, I disabled the slip.xif driver on the way as it used a little hack that should be fixed properly. The hack could be re-instated, if things were desperate though. This also re-inforces the state of kernel modules matching the kernel as well. Traditionally it's been allowed to load earlier kernel drivers with later kernels, but I think that has to stop at some point. There's some things that will need to be done to keep binary only modules going though. Anyway, that's for future work.

This now gets samba working flawlessly :-)

Testing required though now, so I look forward to people using the new file limits and reporting problems and successes !

Enjoy, and a Happy Christmas & New Year to all.

Alan.