Re: [MiNT] XaAES Bug: Toolbar attached to window eats all keyboard events

Am 29.12.2013, 11:37 Uhr, schrieb Jean-François Lemaire:

Those are "reserved" for the default-button. If there is no default-button
I think they should be submitted to the toolbar like other
keyboard-events. Objections?

If by "submitted to the toolbar" you actually mean "submitted to the window",
then yes, I agree, it's the only think that makes sense. If not, I don't
understand.

The toolbar is like a dialog and thus key-events go directly to the AES when the toolbar has focus. The client will not see them in this case. When the toolbar has a default-exit-button it's always handled by the AES (->RETURN). All other key-events (toolbar unfocussed) go to the client.

The toolbar gets focus if it has an edit-object that got selected by mouse-click. It can get unfocused with Shift-blank. Don't know if a mouse-click outside the toolbar should also unfocus it, that does not work atm. Also there is no way yet to focus the toolbar with the keyboard.

Anyway in all cases where there is no default-exit-object and not edit-object all key-events should go to the client now in XaAES 1.7.2.

Hope it does not break anything else.

-Helmut