Re: [MiNT] Freetype

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 14:41 +0100, Miro Kropáček wrote:

>         From our point of view it would probably make more sense to
>         make a
>         FreeType clone that use (Font)GDOS as a renderer instead of
>         attempting
>         to make some sort of shared library of FreeType itself.
>
> As seen here, for
> instance: http://phoenix.inf.upol.cz/~opichals/aranym/index.html

That is FreeType used as a GDOS renderer. What I meant was that if you
for some reason would want to have some sort of shared library/renderer
you could write a FreeType-compatible library that didn't have it's own
renderer but used the underlying GDOS. Should be a lot lighter than
linking a full renderer to every application that use it.

OTOH I think FreeType does the rendering job better than NVDI.

Jo Even