Re: [MiNT] meaning of "pid (APP) drop frame"

Hello Raj,

sorry for top-posting. Sending from my mobile.

The message is maybe emitted by the ethernet driver that I wrote for the
firebee. It means it received an ethernet frame which is larger than the
MTU / ethernet frame size. Maybe it can be handled, but I was in doubt if
such an frame would be valid. Maybe it means there is some bad packets on
the wire - caused by harware not working correctly. Or maybe it means you
have ethernet cards that can handle larger frames and also send out such
large frames. However, that should not happen because IP protocols
fragments such packets - so that the receiver only receives ethernet
frames of a size that it can handle.

maybe IPV6 packets? Hm, dunno. But i'm pretty sure that i added such an
debug message to the eth driver. However - i have never seen the message.
Nice to know this is no dead code ;)

--
Greets,
Ole