Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib timing related functions behavior/performance

Le Sat, 03 May 2014 15:08:02 +0100
Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> a écrit:

> On 05/03/14 12:03, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Hi,
> > gettimeofday() being unreasonably slow in MiNTlib is pretty nasty.
>
> I agree it's nasty and should be fixed, but unless someone steps
> up it most likely won't be done.

Yep, I remember now when I started porting Doom, it was using this
function to generate its game clock. The port was so slow it was
unusable, till I found it was the root cause, and replaced it by the
200hz timer.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/