Re: [MiNT] Firebee Coldfire MiNT Kernel and NFS

On 01/09/2014 08:42, Frank Lukas wrote:
The nfs.xfs is not working on the Firebee ...

Indeed.
See my analysis there:
http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=257629#p257629

I suspect it is related to the gethostbyname() bug.
Markus has judiciously noticed that all the problematic software use reception of UDP packets.

Since this problem only affects mintv4e.prg, I have a big suspicion about the UDP checksum routines. They are written in assembler, and they were tricky to convert to ColdFire (lack of ROL/ROR instructions, etc.).

We should start by adding (or enabling) debug trace on the reception of UDP packets, to see what's happening.

Also, since we experience huge timeouts, we should determine what the kernel is doing during that time.

--
Vincent Rivière