Re: [MiNT] TAS in GFA Linker

On 06/09/2014 11:43, Jean-François Lemaire wrote:
I'm glad you can enjoy it because for me it's just too slow to enjoy.

With the small GEM window -devparm shows 6 fps.
Indeed, it is 10x too slow than full frame rate, but still playable...
Even modern processors show bad performance without video acceleration.

OTOH, on ARAnyM, it works fast in GEM window, even with "-width 800 -height 600"!

Also, by fullscreen, do you mean GEM fullscreen or XBIOS? I can' run
PMDoom in XBIOS mode.

I mean XBIOS fullscreen.

For unknown reason, it does not work with FireTOS. Probably something related to the video memory window which can't be at any place in the ST-RAM on the FireBee. Or some BIOS issue, I don't know.
Furthermore, Patrice has disabled XBIOS video modes when fVDI is detected.

However, with EmuTOS (dip switch #5 down), it works fine. But we fall into FPGA bugs (not software related):
- in default video mode, the screen remains black: there is a palette problem
- with "-bpp 16", it works fine and fast, but the image is compressed in the top half of the screen. Probably a double scan problem.
I reported that to the ACP long ago.

Those bugs could be fixed in the FPGA, if someone cares.

--
Vincent Rivière