Re: [MiNT] vim slow

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
Does this patch fix things for you Vincent ?

I may be wrong here but I think this patch is not correct. If the timeout value is != 0 and there is no data, we continue to the code below:

                if (timeout && !t)
                {
                        t = addtimeout (p, (long)timeout, unselectme);
                        timeout = 0;
                }

and in the next iteration (descriptor) you'll terminate even though you should wait & retry. Whole function / loop is a dirty mess, several examples of terrible programming practices.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org