Re: [MiNT] vim slow

On 30/09/2014 23:59, Alan Hourihane wrote:
Try the attached patch for your older vim.

IIRC, I already tried that yesterday, but it didn't work.
Then I looked at the documentation of Fselect() and I saw that a timeout of 0 means infinite. So I'm not sure that the patch is correct, anyway.

But for sure, I will try your patch and test again.

If you want to test yourself, it's very easy.
Get my old vim there:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/vim/

Then just extract the vim executable, and run it from ARAnyM, for example.

Type 'i' to go to insert mode, then press a key. If the problem is present, there will be a small delay before the character appears. When it works fine, the character appears immediately.

The problem is even more visible with key repeat. Keep a key pressed for a few seconds, then release it. And see what happens. When the problem is present, nothing is displayed when the key is kept pressed, and all the characters appears at once when you release the key. When it works fine, when the key is kept pressed, the characters appear one after each other, as expected.

--
Vincent Rivière