Re: [MiNT] rpm

While this would work I think you are not thinking in a fined grained enough manner. The unix libraries get pretty nitty gritty and your approach would have a copy of ncurses for instance loaded with each shell application that uses it, which is many. I'm not sure how the static linking works but this may already be a problem. I know some of the unix stuff uses a ton of RAM. I think with virtual memory and dynamic linking, the object gets loaded and future executables just reference the mapped library. Easy(ish).

Mark