Re: [MiNT] Helmut branch.... merge ??

On Sunday 11 January 2015 17:45:42 Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Am 11.01.2015, 16:20 Uhr, schrieb Jean-François Lemaire:
> > The only real problem I have noticed after a few hours spent with the new
> > system is random freezes that seem to be related to redrawing (one time
> > after
> > opening a large Hypview window). I haven't been able to reproduce it,
> > though.
> > (I haven't tried that hard to be honest, because freezes and reboots and
> > filesystem checks are bloody annoying :-) ).
>
> I understand that. If you know more, please tell. Maybe there's something
> in xa_boot.log?

No, there's nothing in the log. Will setting "loglvl" to 3 display more info?
Or only send debug output also to the console? I'm not clear on this from the
comments in the config file.

> Did only XaAES crash, or the kernel? Did the keyclick still work?

It looks like a kernel crash. There is no reaction to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Anyway, we're in luck. I have the screensaver Before Dawn set up to kick in
after 5 min of inactivity. And two times already I've seen the Firebee freeze
while the "bouncing hole" graphics moves across the screen. It doesn't happen
every time the screensaver is active, but it does happen.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire