Re: [MiNT] Changing toolbars and redraw message

On 5 January 2015 at 23:09, OL <o.l@lutece.net> wrote:

> Le 05/01/2015 22:36, jflemaire@skynet.be a écrit :

>> What I want to say is that it looks like setting a toolbar to a window
>> while the application is running triggers a redraw message for the
>> whole window work area. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it seems
>> to me that the AES should only redraw the new toolbar and not send a
>> redraw message to the app that covers the whole window. My feeling is
>> that most of the time the workarea might not need redrawing at all.
>
> I agree with you, if the height of toolbar not change it should not send
> redraw, it's not often an application change the toolbar in a window,
> generally it is set at start not on open window even it is not forbiden.

It so happens that in my current project the toolbar potentially
changes all the time. And in this specific case sending a redraw
covering the whole window is the right thing to do.

> The reason of it I think is an application probably need a redraw when the
> toolbar height size change as it doesn't affect the working area.

You mean the AES would not send a redraw message when the toolbar
height increases? But what about the workarea? Either the AES blits it
itself, which means that the window height changes, or it doesn't, in
which case it must send a redraw message.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire