[MiNT] Aw: Re: lp driver patch for the Firebee to extend the parallel port strobe duration

> Gesendet: Sonntag, 04. Oktober 2015 um 08:45 Uhr
> Von: "Vincent Rivière" <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>
> An: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
> Betreff: Re: [MiNT] lp driver patch for the Firebee to extend the parallel port strobe duration

> Very good, this was the thing to do.
>
> However, a few remarks:
>

> 3) AFAIK, "lp" is just a spooler which creates the /dev/lp device. Even
> without it, it should always be possible to print through the /dev/centr
> BIOS device (or its /dev/prn alias). So patching the "lp" driver is good,
> but be sure that the BIOS device also works. IIRC, Roger recently patched
> EmuTOS for that.

My understanding is that this is not the case. MiNT is rerouting the printer related GEMDOS calls to the lp device internally.

At least I was able to print from QED (using its GEMDOS print routines) and Teradesk (dropping a text file to the printer icon) using the modified driver (on top of an unmodified EmuTOS that won't allow to print itself).