Re: [MiNT] ELF

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 14:29:49 , "markus@mubf.de" <markus@mubf.de> wrote:

> Am 20.03.2016 um 13:23 schrieb Vincent Rivière:
> > The first question is:
> > Why ELF?
> IMHO, there is (only) one important reason for ELF (at least with gcc):
> new development won't support a.out anymore.

That was all that sparked my curiosity and I've learned a little more.

Moving to a more modern implementation in a small step can only help.

I have worked with old tech stacks for a long time and know the sort
of constraints that they impose. Just removing small obstacles can make
life easier. Would gdb work again for instance ?

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter