[Freemint-list] XHDOSLimits

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:11:41 MSD 2016

On 4 October 2016 at 16:38, Alan Hourihane <alanh at fairlite.co.uk> wrote:

> But I really don't know why this would be needed, seems a strange thing to
> do.

Well, it was news to me as well but it does make sense -- harddisk driver
reads this information to determine the number of possible drives
available, number of fats and similar stuff. I'm no expert on this but I
assume that's the agreement enforced by the XHDI protocol. CBHD and HD
Driver rely on this, from the other side, Big DOS is an example which does
set this function so there's a real world example to compare.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org