[Freemint-list] XHDOSLimits

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 11:35:19 MSD 2016

On 04/10/16 08:12, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 October 2016 08:38:08 Alan Hourihane wrote:
>> . But I really don't know
>> why this would be needed, seems a strange thing to do.
> Because applications might need to know about limits that work with both Mint
> and the BIOS level driver. Doesn't make sense to use sector sizes of 32k for
> example only because mInt can handle it, but the driver can't.

What applications ?

Any applications that call XHDI XHDOSLimits() would get the last
installed handler, i.e. MiNT in this case, and MiNT is returning it's
limits.

As I said to Miro, I can understand a new handler querying the currently
installed XHDI handler to determine it's DOSLimits then making up a new
set to expose. But why do a string of older XHDI drivers need to know ?
They may not even support those limits.

Alan.