[Freemint-list] Slow network speed

Jean-François Lemaire jflemaire at skynet.be
Fri Oct 7 23:04:32 MSD 2016

On Sunday 02 October 2016 09:02, Markus Fröschle wrote:

> Nevertheless, I played a bit with the FEC driver. If you are curious,
> you might test the attached driver where I have increased the number of
> FEC DMA buffers by a factor of 5. For me, this significantly increased
> the download throughput of the particular test file you provided (tested
> on the m5484LITE that - in theory - is a about 30% slower than the FireBee):

Thanks! I tested your modified driver and it results in a speed increase
in the wget test of 200%. Connecting to my IMAP account with Troll
definitely feels faster too. I haven't noticed any issues as of yet with
other software but it's probably too early to tell.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire