[Freemint-list] Git for FreeMiNT (was Re: [MiNT] fVDI in FreeMiNT CVS?)

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 03:02:37 MSK 2016

> then it also reveals a hardcore crash in ext2.xfs -- I can take down whole
> Aranym (even in the MMU mode!) if I run the tests from an ext2 partition
> (works fine on aranym's hostfs, irony, isn't it).

OK, another one hunted down, now the praise goes to Vincent and his
recompiled coreutils.

Debug output of the kernel revealed:

pid 286 (rm): assert (`fs->fsflags & FS_EXT_3') failed at line 48 of
../xfs_xdd.c.

what is a function in xfs_xdd.c:

long
getxattr(FILESYS *fs, fcookie *fc, XATTR *xattr)
{
        STAT stat;
        long r;

        assert(fs->fsflags & FS_EXT_3);

so I installed a newer 'rm' from aforementioned package and voila. I think
asserts like this should be more user-visible, there's no indication of an
error unless you change the debug level...

After this "fix", future looks much brighter -- except the failing umask
test, there is a couple of tests failing related to so called filters, a
few EOF/backslash related, ... so far I've been able to run a few hundreds
tests and there's about 20 of them failing.

The worst is that some bugs in stdin processing just stop the testing
process and I have to manually disable that script, argh.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org