[Freemint-list] [MiNT] fVDI in FreeMiNT CVS?

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Mon Nov 7 04:26:56 MSK 2016

On Sunday 06 November 2016 23:56:12 Miro Kropáček wrote:
> Basically, all you need is to install dev libs
> from https://github.com/mikrosk/m68k-atari-mint-devel to /usr and type
> "make" and "make test", respectively. Volunteer welcome. ;)

The problem are the tests there. I recently compiled a newer version of git
for my linux box because it was getting quite old. It took only a few seconds
to compile the source, then several minutes  to generate the documentation,
and then several hours (literally) to run the testsuite. I have no idea how
long it takes to run the testsuite on Aranym...

> I can take down whole Aranym (even in the MMU mode!)

If you mean by "take down" that Aranym hangs, thats alltogether possible. TOS
does not verify input parameters for system functions in most of the cases, if
you do e.g. a Fread() to some bogus memory location, then Aranym will happily
try to write to it. That can easily crash TOS, and Aranym can not much do
about this. It should not crash itself, however.