[Freemint-list] Handling of PRGs/APPs which console output

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Fri Jan 6 13:55:21 MSK 2017

On Friday 06 January 2017 00:42:43 Miro Kropáček wrote:
> we shouldn't penalise users for buggy apps

And we should not encourage developers to write buggy apps...

>Fixing TosWin2 is quicker but its still a workaround (you must have it
>running, explicitly -- another burden to the user).

If you really have some old apps that can't be fixed (i still wonder which one
that should be), then the solution would be to add an option in the desktop to
have them started with console output redirected. That would also leave the
possibility open to have it redirected to a file that can be displayed with
your favorite viewer application. That way you don't enforce the user to run
Toswin2 first.