[Freemint-list] Handling of PRGs/APPs which console output

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:16:27 MSK 2017

> Basically I think this approach is wrong.

I think this concludes yours, Thorsten's, Helmut's and maybe someone else's
point of view. You think there's an excuse to virtually destroy the user's
display (yes, it's a rare case but all it takes is one popular app which,
for some reason, has output to stdout enabled and its author refuses/not
being able to remove it) while I (and perhaps other non-programmers)
advocate for 100% clean and "indestructible" display, even if there's a
chance that some interesting information slips out.

My point is mainly Linux and Windows world when any app can flood stdout
with thousands of debug lines and the user is happy using the desktop as
usual. And I don't see people jumping out of windows only because they
didn't see that precious debug output! ;)

So, what others think? Because as I see it, this can't be solved with a
compromise, it's more good source for a poll. ;)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org