[Freemint-list] shel_write() causing memory violation?

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sun Jan 8 17:36:23 MSK 2017

On Sunday 08 January 2017 13:02:30 Miro Kropáček wrote:
> I'm sorry, now you lost me. tw-call.app is starting a GEM application
> (toswin2.app).

Yes, but it is started from XaAES, not from your application (if $TOSRUN is
set to tw-call.app). And XaAES starts it only for TOS (aka non-graphic)
applications. By doing that it forwards your arguments to tw-call.app, which
in turn forwards it to toswin2. If you do a shel_write for a GEM application,
neither tw-call.app nor toswin2 will be involved.