[Freemint-list] Interesting talk about non-mmu stuff

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Thu Jan 26 00:14:28 MSK 2017

On 25/01/2017 à 22:04, Ryan Daum wrote:
> Interesting talk, but one thing he doesn't mention is that it's possible to
> load plain ELF binaries with a non-MMU system as long as you link them with
> relocation sections baked in.

Good!

When I looked at that long ago, it seemed that indeed classic ELF
executables didn't have relocation information by default. On the contrary,
ELF object files contain full-featured relocation information.

How did you manage to put relocation information in ELF executables? Did you
use a custom section (and how?), or did you manage to tell the linker to add
a classic ELF object-file relocation section into executables?

--
Vincent Rivière