[Freemint-list] Interesting github project / ressurection

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 01:26:04 MSK 2017

I am weird as well then.

I like using the Milan to do things that the original ST designers
and maybe even the Milan designers would be amazed by.

I tried aranym on windos and linux but even after many hours of work
never got more than a desktop. I also dislike having to run on top of
another os that also has to be maintained. I would rather have TOS/Mint
running natively on a "foreign" cpu.

I seem to remember that Eric Smith's original MiNT was based on BSD
with the later integration of TOS functionality. Could the same trick
ever be done with BSD on intel ?

Reading about the stuff on github it seems there are a lot of similar
projects. always an issue for our platform. I never understood why we
ended up with 10 different file selectors but lacked other essential apps.

Hopefully github can end that and serve to focus efforts or maybe even
merge old projects into more useful ones.

Regards,

Peter