[Freemint-list] Three CPU targets for *everything*

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Mon Feb 13 14:03:45 MSK 2017

On ma., 2017-02-13 at 08:19 +1000, Miro Kropáček wrote:

> Maybe yes but you know how it is in this list -- some things get
> ignored no matter what so I could have ended up waiting, doing nothing
> and after some time I'd give up.

If there's no response then just go ahead with implementation IMO.
People have had their chance to give their input.

> Again, Milan (and Hades, as it's the same build) are still separate
> kernels. At one point, Milan and Aranym will be merged into
> min4060.prg, yes. But that's not the most important thing right now.

Sorry, don't know why I mentioned the Milan kernel there. What I meant
was that the generic 040 kernel works on the Hades040, Hades060 and the
AB040. So if you have merged the 040 and 060 targets to a 040/060,
shouldn't this still work on the AB and Hades? Why an AB040 target?

Same with the mintmil target, it has always only been compiled for 040
but works on both 040 and 060.

>  will load too) and makes mintloader SYSDIR aware.

What does this mean?

Jo Even