[Freemint-list] Kronos: WinUAE vs ARAnyM

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sun Feb 19 07:02:20 MSK 2017

On Saturday 18 February 2017 12:53:43 Vincent Rivière wrote:
> - WinUAE has faster FPU and OpenGL

which FPU module did you use from Khronos? Although both emulate a '040, the
68030+881 one usually gives much better results. Also, atleast Aranym provides
3 different FPU emulation setups when configuring (IEEE, X87 and MPFR).

What makes me really wonder though is the difference in memory access. I would
bet that Khronos uses a movem loop there, maybe i should take a closer look at
the emulation there.