[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Mon Mar 6 11:35:31 MSK 2017

Hello,

the last few days I was doing different configurations by setting some
ID, and installed the Mint-a 030, but the trouble during the copy if an
error in communication, just copy then at some time the process to
suspend I later again it takes a good few minutes but copies
unfortunately the most common is the later, and so the problem with
unpacking, I tried to made is used in the shell command cp and quite a
large file such net.tar from installation EASYMINT.
When unpacking the screen I got a message
pid 53 (tar): Ext2 FS-block_bmap: tmp (251,531,010) illegal value
or very much like just another number in parentheses, eg (814728642) and
in the shell
while unpacking files rpm first few goes well and later for example with
telnet etc ...

tar: Skipping to next header, and at the end
tar Exiting with failure status due to prebious errors.

As a reminder, as just switched mode 030 everything works well and there
is no trouble when copying and unpacking.

Regards
Piotr

W dniu 02.03.2017 15:18, Helmut Karlowski napisał(a):
> I guess I had a situation where there had to be at least one free ID
> between the IDs of the disks, i.e. don't use 0,1, but 0.2, or so.
>
> I have a Barracuda 68 pin that only operates with an ID >= 4 ...

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl