[Freemint-list] Falcon + _FPU cookie

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 03:57:43 MSK 2017

> * The reason for this scheme is that you may actually have both an
> * SFP004-equivalent peripheral installed AND a 6888x coprocessor,
> * if (for example) you have upgraded a Mega STe with a 68020 + 68881.
>
> >You simply can't have both 030+ style FPU and SFP FPU in the same time.
>
> See above. I think you actually can.

Wow, where this description comes from? I have never seen it before so
explicit.

In that case, the whole FreeMiNT FPU detection code works totally
differently, I confess it was me who had implemented the 6888x bits also
for SFP-004 as it seemed like a nice feature to know which FPU you have via
SFP.

I have two Mega STEs, one with a 68881 and one with a 68882 but
unfortunately I don't have a PAK with FPU so I don't dare to change the
code. ;)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org