[Freemint-list] Beyond Brown

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 02:30:14 MSK 2017

On 15 March 2017 at 09:21, Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

> I wouldn't say no to any small improvements in speed, especially with the
> ported tools.

Of course. It's just in the current state of things, it's much more
beneficial to make a proper a.out port of gcc 6.2 then juggle with ELF and
whatnot and save 2-3%. I've looked briefly into this and many claims in the
blog post are not true (I verified it) so perhaps we're not that far from
having the 6.2 the same way as we have the 4.6.4. I want to look at it
later but you know, time, time, time.

There may be other benefits in the future from having the latest toolchain
> especially if it will keep Netsurf on board.

As far as Netsurf is concerned, it's still not clear what's the problem
with current solution. Both Ole and me have raised this question on their
ML, no response.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org