[Freemint-list] Load MINT.CNF at odd address

Markus Fröschle mfro999 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 21:01:34 MSK 2017

I would imagine the only driver that has this problem is the IDE driver
since SCSI and ACSI (rather: their corresponding DMA units) as well as
the Floppy should be able to do DMA transfers to/from odd addresses anyway.

Am 20.03.2017 um 17:13 schrieb Thorsten Otto:

> If you are going to support that in EmuTOS, it might be better to handle that
> in blkdev.c rather than in each indiviual driver. The problem that i see is
> that you would need a static temporary buffer for copying the data, and it
> must be large enough to hold the largest supported  physical sector size.
> Doing Malloc() from a bios or driver function might not be an option. Or
> alternatively, reuse some other buffer that is garantueed to be not needed at
> this time, and do the copy in 512byte chunks.

Anyone to know how TOS handles this?

I would imagine that there is no problem when loading to TT RAM (since
there is the FRB fast ram buffer in between), but how does TOS 2.06
(with STRAM only) deal with it?