[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Jason Fergus leech at thefnords.org
Thu May 4 06:26:54 MSD 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 23:21 -0300, Philippe Noble wrote:

> > > I've had an issue with Formatting for about 10 years. I can only format
> > > a floppy from TOS. It used to work with 1-15-12 but has never worked
> > > since.
> >
> > I guess this is with EasyMiNT? I did some investigations on this many
> > years ago (I think you raised the issue then) and discovered that it was
> > syslogd (IIRC) that held a lock on the floppy drive for some reason. Try
> > killing syslogd and then format a floppy, it should work.
> >

> Yes it is with EasyMint. Killing syslogd did the trick.

Out of curiosity, is anyone picking up EasyMint to keep it up to date?  I know when I first
installed it I ended up having to get the English version of TOSwin2, and updated TeraDesk and
Thing, plus quite a few other things, though I think at some point in updating the mint.prg stuff, I
broke NFS capability, but now I need to re-install 190 again (hopefully that works correctly on my
ct60e, was going to try one of the newer builds of freemint, but can't get https connections to work
off github because of crappy old wget...)