[Freemint-list] binutils 2.28

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sat Jun 3 12:27:04 MSD 2017

On 03/06/2017 à 03:47, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, the major difference there was to use &exec
> instead of just exec for macros like N_BADMAG etc. Does anybody know why
> this was done? That is now incompatible to the systems a.out.h.
This change was introduced in binutils 2.27. I also ported the patch to that
intermediate version, to fix changes step by step.

Look at my commit which fixes that for the MiNT branch:
https://github.com/freemint/m68k-atari-mint-binutils-gdb/commit/d220fb1f40f719c5b1a632260aadbcaa573f9931

In the commit message, I put a link to the upstream commit which introduced
that change. It might contain more information. Most of the time the
binutils mailing list also contain further background.

NB: It is really great to have all upstream commits in our binutils fork, as
we can precisely know what has changed and what must be reported to the MiNT
branch.

--
Vincent Rivière