[Freemint-list] dosfsck which marks filesystem clean?

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Mon Jun 5 12:51:55 MSD 2017

Am Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 10:36:33 schrieb Miro Kropáček:
> I guess someone familiar with OS architecture could answer this -- there
> must be a reason for it, every Unix-like OS does it this way.

In case of ext2, some superblock fields get immediately updated as soon as the
file system is mounted (ie. number of mounts, time of last mount, where it was
last mounted etc), so in fact that filesystem is dirty as soon as you mount it
r/w. But unless similar fields are also used by dosfsck, that might not be the
case there.