[Freemint-list] Mint Kernel Compiling

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 12:31:10 MSD 2017

> I tried to configure Vincents Cross compiler using Mac OS X, but it is not
> working and I don’t know why, so I deinstalled Xcode and I will download
> again to install it again. My Internet connection is very slow so it needs
> atleast 3 days to download the Xcode package.

I don't think Xcode has anything to do with it. If you're looking for an OS
X build, you can try mine here:
https://github.com/mikrosk/m68k-atari-mint-build, it has Travis CI setup
also for Mac OS X, i.e. it should compile out of the box.

I checked out the latest GIT source few days ago and I used it to put a new
> usb driver in this code, I used the EtherNAT one and modified it with the
> regarding changes between TT USB and EtherNAT.

In such case I'd recommend to fork freemint repository, do whatever changes
and push -- then everybody can see and review them.

> Path
> Freemint > sys > USB > src.km > ucd > vttusb

Ah, now I see. I think your '.git' folder is somehow corrupted because I
can't see any newly added files, git status shows nothing.

Anyway, your code compiles fine except one minor issue, it uses
'vttusb_CPLD_CR' variable while you declare/define VTTUSB_CPLD_CR. After
this fix everything is OK.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org