Re: MiNT 0.99 source code

>Well, Eric, I compiled it without any real problems on the cross-
>compiler at College, (Actually the first use I've put the compiler
>to :-), and it seems to work fine most of the time.
>
>The startup message is a bit different ;-) and I wasn't sure what
>the relevance of -DMULTITOS was, so I compiled both. The Multitos
>kernel one failed at once, so presumably you have to have a Falcon
>to run that, but the other kernel (30k larger) worked great, if...

The standard makefile should produce both a 68000 version AND an 68030
specific version by default. The 68030 specific binary being called
mint030.prg.

>Problem: I can't get it to run anything apart from GEM with the
>INIT= line in the mint.cnf file in /mint. I've got 2 .xfs files
>in there, and mint.cnf. I tried it using INIT.PRG (the multi-user
>package for MiNT), and with tcsh.ttp - neither worked. I've changed
>nothing apart from the MiNT version (0.95pl13 ->0.99pl2). The system
>just hangs on the welcome message if there is an INIT= line.
>(for GEM to run, I just comment out the INIT= line)
>
>This could be a peculiarity of my setup, but anyone running the
>MiNT distribution kit will have almost exactly the same setup.
>I thought I understood the Mint.cnf stuff, but maybe not...
>
>I compiled 0.99 with the patchlevel 25 libraries. I'm going to
>compile the patchlevel 27 libraries asap, I'll tell you if the
>problem still remains.
>
>Simon.

Well, 0.99 works fine for me.. in fact I can now use memory protection with
used to break my tcsh under 0.98. If you like, I could send you a copy of my
mint.prg for you to try.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth. Tel: Oxford (0865) 282110.