utime()

Question: how can I set access time and modification time indepently
(assuming that I have a file system that knows about these different time
stamps)?

I can't find a system function for that. I've verified the utime()-Binding
in the MiNT library, and -- sure enough -- it uses Fdatime().

Proposal: let's define a new opcode for Fcntl that basically implements
the POSIX utime() function. Advantages: no need for changes in the kernel.

The library implementation for utime() could then do something like that:

- setup the utimbuf struct
- if (MiNT_is_running): try the new Fcntl (check return for EINVFN)
- otherwise use Fdatime().

Comments?

--
Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-W4400 Muenster