How to send me patches for the mint library.

Hi all...

First of all, I'd like to reiterate that patches and anything else
related to the MiNT library should be sent to this address
(entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu) and NOT to my other address.  If
you don't know what my other address is, don't worry about it, this
doesn't apply to you :-).

Second, PLEASE do not send me huge files with large numbers of patches
without specifying EXACTLY the interrelationships between the patches.
I've had to reject several patches from the Pure C and Sozobon diffs
I've received because they gratuitously broke the GCC library in
several different ways.  Because of this, Patchlevel 27 is likely to
not work very well on these compilers.  As an example, the patches to
fread.c and fwrite.c were rejected because they basically changed all
occurrences of "size_t" to "unsigned long".  This breaks the
portability and ANSI/POSIX compliance of the libraries.  Some of the
other patches for the sozobon stuff may rely on this patch, and those
parts just aren't going to work in the next intermediate release.
(What the heck is wrong with HSC that it requires all these size_t
kludges anyway?)

Third, please don't send plain-text and uuencoded diffs in the same
file, as I'm likely to forget to save the plain-text part after
decoding it.

Fourth, I've received several copies of the same patches from several
different people.  If you're forwarding a patch written by someone
else, please check to make sure they haven't already sent it to me.
If you aren't sure if I've got a patch, send it in a separate message
from any new stuff you may be sending; this way if I'm sure I've got
an old patch already I can discard it without having to edit the
message to get the parts I don't have.

I hope these guidelines aren't too restrictive...it's just that I'm
spending nearly all my free time dealing with these little annoyances
instead of actually getting anything useful done on the library, and I
want to be able to get a fully functioning library up on the archive
as quickly as possible.

Thanks a million,
entropy