Applying patches to MiNT source

Okay, color me stupid :-}.  I've been trying to apply the patches Eric
just sent out to the 1.08 sources from a.a, and getting nowhere.  All
the chunks have a "before" filename of `1.8' -- presumably a directory
name, but I haven't been able to convince patch to treat it as such.
Presumably there's some cmd-line option I'm missing, or I haven't got my
directories laid out right.  Since previous patches have been similarly
shaped, I assume that everyone else here already knows how to do this,
and I look pretty silly.  Can someone bring me up to speed?

						-sbigham