mint-aware HD driver

Hello,

I was thinking about the problems with interrupt driven HD drivers,
that cause mint not to block while doing disk access.
One problem is that we would need a kind of semaphore for the dma hardware
as it has to be locked against duplicate accesses at the same time.

As we have already one variable to do this, namely _flock, one could
use this in all kind of software that accesses the dma hardware; or is
it better to introduce a new semaphore, maybe separate ones for acsi and
scsi? But then all existing software for HD would have to be changed to use
it correctly.

What do you think about it?

Regards,
Ulrich

| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Do they know that they  |
| Cand.Math.Inf | kuhnu@math.uni-muenster.de | cannot eat their money? |