Re: (another) problem with mntlib41 tfork() function

> > To be more precicly: Each thread costs me 16K (memprot) which are lost forever.
>
> Why 16 KB? I thought the granularity was 8 KB, and the basepage should
> be only one page.

 Well, to be yet more precicely/precisely, shit, accurate: Some cost 16K,
some cost 8K, according to a law which fails to be in my mind. I didn't
do some great measuring but just watched top's output.

 Anyway, that doesn't bother me very much. It's more that they do take
some memory AT ALL. :-(

so long,
TeSche
--
PS: If the above written looks weird, than that's because it probably IS.
WhoDunnIt: Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)