Re: Updates and things ...

Hi,

>           Ah, one more thing, I can make the cache mode easily work on a
> 'per filesystem' basis, however I don't think it wise to make floppies
> permanently not use turbo mode; the performance loss is considerable.

 I wouldn't use it on floppies at all :-)

 It's just that you then could make partition which are unlikely to be
written to very often just run in read-cache mode, and thus obtain yet
more security. It's not that I doubt the quality of your minixfs, it's
just I doubt the fitness of some other software (notably mine :-), which
somethimes crashes the system.

 Other topics: I agree.

TeSche
--
PS: If the above written looks weird, then that's probably because it _IS_.
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), University of Bielefeld, Germany