Re: Standardized paths

Personally I think, as far as the standard is goeing, files that
should live in /etc should be accessed as /etc/magic (say). That is
the whole purpose of the standard, and I do not think that cluttering
programs with dozens of references to environment variables is any
good (ETCDIR is only good if programs actually use it).

If one hate the idea of putting magic into /etc, they should make a
link, either in /etc (which would be link anyway, until we get real
mounting), or make u:\etc point to the appropriate directory.

Christian Lynbech               | Hit the philistines three times over the
office: R0.33 (phone: 3217)	| head with the Elisp reference manual.
email: lynbech@daimi.aau.dk	|        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)