MiNT goes UNIX. I hope not.

> > >  What you are suggesting is to deprive Atari from everything it
> > > is special at, and when you've done that, people will tell you they'd
> > > rather buy a HP 9000/400 to run your stuff!
> >
> >  Then please tell me what the whole point of MiNT really is?!

 Well HOPEFULLY it is not purely an attempt to get a LINUX-smell-alike
 without having to buy a 486?

> >  Reasons may vary, but obviously there're people being interested in it,
> > so why not try to make the best out of it?

 All I'm trying to say here is that MiNT should be something for the Atari,
 and something which can be recognized as such.  So your interpretation of
 'making the best out of MiNT' is to make Atari computers behave as similar
 to UNIX boxes as possible?  That's like going from Amsterdam to Paris
 by the Orient Express if you ask me.  Try Atari System V :-)

--
Annius V. Groenink | E-mail: avg@cwi.nl      |  Private & ZFC:
CWI, Kruislaan 413 | Office: M233            |  P.O. Box 799